Legal Breakdown and Analysis of Biden's Employment Vaccine Mandate
September 10, 2021
Andrew Lieb / Lauren Lieb / Mordy Yankovich
We answer the following questions:
- Can Biden / OSHA issue an Executive Order / Regulation mandating employment vaccines?
- Can the Federal Congress issue a statute mandating employment vaccines or is that a state's rights issue?
- What is the precedent for an individual state to issue a vaccine mandate and would it be upheld?
- Does it matter if an individual state's Governor or Legislature issued an employment vaccine mandate for enforceability?
- How does a sincerely held religious belief against vaccines avoid employment vaccine mandates?
- How can employers refuse an accommodation who has a disability or sincerely held belief and requests to avoid an employment vaccine mandate?
Plus, we discuss brisket, ice cream, 9/11, Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, horse dewormers, and most importantly, we break down the hiring / staffing issues faced by employers everywhere.